If you wish to hypnotise animals….
Quite a lot is known about hypnotising human beings. But here are some gems picked up about hypnotising animals:
1. That animals are particularly easy to hypnotise was a fact recorded by Daniel Shwenter in 1636 [yes, 1636, no typo here] .
2. He noted that if a small piece of bent wood is fastened on a hen’s beak then it goes into a trance.
3. If a hen’s beak is held against the ground and a chalk line is drawn away from the beak it lies immobilised.
4. Tuck the hen’s head under its wing and give it a few gentle swings through the air; it will then lie still. [French peasants reportedly still use this method while buying live hens].
5. Frogs can be hypnotised by turning them on their backs and lightly tapping the stomach with the finger.
6. Crabs can be hypnotised by gently stroking the shell from head to tail, and unhypnotised by reversing the motion.
7. Africans hypnotise wild elephants. It is chained to a tree where it thrashes about savagely. Natives wave leafy boughs to and fro in front of it and chant monotonously. Eventually its eyes blink, close and it becomes docile.
8. A snake’s gaze transfixes its victims like toads, frogs, rabbits.
9. Take a look at this link
10. And how will you hypnotise a lobster! [Clue: make it stand on its head!]
How do you hypnotise others and your victims? And how do you get hypnotised?
Actually, TV works wonders with kids:)
Well, the ways of the world are strange ! I am reading about criminals hypnotising their victims to walk away with their jewellery !
Hypnotism is the flavour of the season i guess 🙂
Especially with elections around the corner and a party wanting to ban English and computers ! Sigh !
With the election season on full blast, ( and sometimes even otherwise) I feel a desperate need to be able to hypnotise certain folks . Why catch the poor animals ?
But since the EC may have objections, I am currently restricting myself to hypnotizing the traffic outside my area, by waving branches of trees (of which we have more than plenty), at them in a rhythmic manner from side to side.
Those that still slip through the hypnotic branches, can still be whacked with the same….
The only animals I would wish to hypnotize would be one with whom I accidentally got enclosed in a cage with, like Androcles and the lion. Other than that, like Kavi and Suranga say, it is the species homo sapiens that needs to be hypnotized into inaction.
I believe those who willingly want to get hypnotised and those with weaker minds, will get hypnotised.
People with strong minds will be hard, to get hypnotised no matter what technique is applied on them.I remember in high school we had a show on hypnotism.This person told everyone to lock both hands between fingers. After talking for a while he said to set your hands free.About 10 students could not release their hands and were called on the stage.Then the real show started.
With the click of fingers they were put to sleep and with a click they woke up.Some were made to dance like top actresses….and they really did.That was great fun!
Nice blog. Only the willingness to debate and respect each other’s views keeps the spirit of democracy and freedom alive. Keep up the good work. Hey, by the way, do you mind taking a look at this new website http://www.indianewsupdates.com . It has various interesting sections. You can also participate in the OPINION POLL in this website. There is one OPINION POLL for each section. You can also comment on its news and feature articles.
You also get Live Cricket , News Updates, Opinion Polls, Movie Reviews and Mobile Phone Reviews in this website.
Kindly go through the entire website. Who knows, it might just have the right kind of stuff that you are looking for. If you like this website, can you please recommend it to at least 5 of your friends. Your little help would help us in a big way.
You can also use the exclusive content of our website on your blog (those which are not from Agencies). Of course we would appreciate if you metioned the name of our website in credits. Thank you,
The Future Mantra
this is awesome!!!
u got any pointers on hypnotizing husbands?
Hi Vivek Sir!
I know this is not the right place to write… still as I do not have your contact number can't help. Would love to meet you as discussed earlier my cell number is 98 195 97 145. Can I give you a call? (For that I will need your number! 😀 :D) Do revert.
(Will go through the post soon & will comment too.)
A lot of insights and interesting thoughts..
TV does have hypnotising effect on all only the programs differ! I agree.
@ugich konitari and kavi
With elections around it is indeed need to hypnotise th evoter to cast his vote to the deserving.
Hypnotising husbands? Consult my wife who has done it 32 years ago to me 😉
Home sapiens need to be hypnotised, I agree. I have a log list of them beginning with some political leaders…..
Perhaps hypnotism has its uses. After all, the perpetrators of “The Matrix” (hope you have watched the movie!) have used it to their advantage to keep us under control for millenia! 🙂